Scope of the role
The Control and Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing and commissioning industrial automation and control systems within constraints such as development cost, product quality, product safety and time.
How you’ll succeed
- Work and rotate through manufacturing functions to gain plant operations experience
including Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Management, Shop Floor Supervision
and Quality Engineering.
- Work with other engineering domains, such as mechanical, electrical and Information Technology (IT), to solve cross-domain problems related to automation equipment and processes involving the use of sensors, actuators and IT infrastructure.
- Analyze domain problems and identify, adapt and develop technologies from the fields of automated and autonomous systems and industrial automation to address them.
- Document and validate automated processes with domain experts.
- Evaluate and develop probabilistic state estimation techniques that are relevant and applicable to decision making automated systems.
- Integrate systems and software, considering qualities such as security, safety, performance and reliability.
- Support the senior technical team in the creation of a technical roadmap for advanced technologies stack.
- Support the engineering team in understanding and implementing technologies.
- Support and perform technology transfers from technical collaboration projects in areas of planning under uncertainty, machine learning, probabilistic reasoning and cognitive systems.
- Liaise between Research and Operations organizations to promote appropriate decision-making technologies and solutions.
What it takes
- Master’s, or bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronic engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Eagerness to take on challenges and to learn new skills
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible benefits program
- Graduate program with excellent training pathways
- Transport allowance and free shuttle bus to near MRT station
- Control Systems
- Decision Making
- Electrical Engineering