Our client is an established UK investment bank. Their markets team is looking for a Macro Rates Options Analyst to serve their institutional investor clients by helping them to understand developments in global markets and offering execution and risk management across every major asset class in every region.
The Macro business was established in 2014, bringing together the firm’s FX, Rates, Commodities, eFICC and Local Markets offering. My client is in the top 5 global FX firms and has been a pioneer in educating global investors about the concept of FX and Rates as asset class. They provide a consistent, high quality and uniform client experience with respect to content, pricing, liquidity and reliability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Rates Options trading desk in market making and risk management of exotic Rates products
- Monitor markets and generate trade ideas
- Assist in pricing products
- Help out with daily tasks such as trade reporting or P&L analysis
- Perform risk analysis for the trading books
- Work closely with key stakeholders from Distribution and Research and internal infrastructure teams such as PC, Operations, Risk
- Present trade ideas to the traders
- Create and automate trading tools for risk management
- Analyse the risk from residual positions by working closely with infra partners and making sure all thresholds/limits for the desk are met.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written, as this role will require that the person interact regionally and globally with internal stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities
- Mandatory technical skills: Python, Office (Excel/Powerpoint) skills
- Undergraduate with a minimum GPA of 3.5
My client is currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the details of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption in accordance with MOM’s regulations to allow them to enter the workplace. Applicants may be required to share verifiable COVID-19 vaccination documents or proof of a valid exemption at the point of offer. Randstad Pte. Limited and/or the Client reserves the right to withdraw an offer if the applicant fails to provide verifiable COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of exemption documents.
- Infrastructure Management
- Market Maker
- Microsoft Excel